Wednesday, December 3, 2014

Wake Up Yourself

By Sr. Cecilia Harriendorf

To wake up the world, wake up yourself.

I'm Cecilia Harriendorf, the most recent New York Sister of Charity to be missioned to Guatemala.  Our Sisters have served here for the past 45 years.   I've been here for 18 months!

Prior to Guatemala, I worked at the Convent of Mary the Queen, the Sister of Charity Nursing Facility and at St. Joseph's Hospital in Yonkers, founded by the Sisters of Charity.  BC (Before Convent) I produced radio and television programs in New York City for many years.


I entered the Sisters of Charity in 2002 and professed final vows six years later.

One could say that I'm a later bloomer.  I prefer to think that God is never finished with us.

As director of the Campus Ministry Office at the College of Mount Saint Vincent, I
developed a program that brought soon-to-be-graduated nursing students to the four Sister of Charity Clinics in the Sololá region of Guatemala.  That program has since been expanded to include professional nurses.  Our volunteer activities also reach out to dentists, educators, administrators, electricians, and more.

Following my heart led me to Guatemala.  Where will following your heart take you?



MEET THE BLOGGER
Name:  Sr. Cecilia Harriendorf
Congregation:  Sisters of Charity of St. Vincent de Paul of New York
Stage of formation:  Professed Final Vows in 2008
Current Ministry:  Director of Volunteers, Guatemala

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comment! Once our admin it approves it, you will see it posted.