Monday, December 22, 2014

Christmas Novena

By Kara Davis



As a pre-postulant, the initial stage of formation with the Daughters of Charity, this has been my first Advent in community.  There have been plenty of new experiences, including putting up the Christmas tree together and deciding on a tree topper (Angel, Star, or Bow?), to watching National Lampoon's Christmas Vacation together as a house and sharing my favorite quotes.  However, the greatest new experience I have encountered during this journey through Advent has been praying the Christmas Novena together.  The richness of this tradition and the sacredness of this prayer is apparent as Sisters from across generations come together to sing in preparation for the coming of Christ.  I am in awe each evening as  I listen to the voices of the Sisters around me, and reflect on the many years that Sisters before my time came together to pray these same words.  I am filled with hope, hope that this Novena tradition will continue for all time, and hope in the Future of Charity.

Come Lord Jesus, COME QUICKLY!  

To learn more about the Christmas Novena, check out Sr. Lisa's video on Youtube:



To check out audio recordings of the Christmas Novena and pray from your home, click HERE!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comment! Once our admin it approves it, you will see it posted.