Tuesday, November 19, 2019

Cleaning out Clogged Drains

By Sr. Judy Donohue, SC Federation Temporary Professed

      Click HERE to learn more about the SC Federation

Click HERE to learn more about Judy


In early November, I noticed our garage gutters were clogged and not draining properly. I got a ladder, and pulled the bulk of the leaves out in one swipe. Immediately a gush of water plummeted down the pipe. It continued to drain for a while. Today, I thought what in me is clogged up, that is preventing the joy of the Spirit from flowing freely? Is it judgment, unforgiveness, pride, fear, expectations? God, whatever is blocking me from a more joyful life in my vocation, ministry, relationships, set me free. Clean out of me the leaves of competition, comparing, resentment and let the light and sunshine of the Spirit flow freely through. Letting the love of life, God and others flow ever greater is a gift worth seeking during this season of Thanksgiving. I’m grateful for God speaking to me through an act of service.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comment! Once our admin it approves it, you will see it posted.