Friday, April 28, 2017

To-Do Lists and My Car Radio

By Victoria Hood, SC Federation Candidate

      Click HERE to learn more about Victoria

      Click HERE to learn more about the SC Federation

My three minute prayer reflection app on my iPad asked me today if my priorities match God's. Honestly, no, because I often make to-do lists and I have recently had a personal insight into this practice. My insight is that to-do lists have advantages and disadvantages. The advantages are that I stay organized, which is a relief to me; and that I feel a sense of accomplishment when I can cross an item off. The disadvantages are that I become stressed when I don't think I will be able to complete the list; and the joy is in crossing the item off the list and not in doing it. The solution that I have come up with is to pray and journal daily, and then continue to make to-do lists but to make a goal of accomplishing any of the three items on the list. I still get a sense of accomplishment without stressing over doing the entire list. If three items is even too much then I will consider if there were extra conditions such as traveling or if I need to manage time better.

I also want to share something I heard on my car radio while listening to 88.5 Christian Life radio station. "Light can always overcome darkness. It is never the other way around. The darkness must wait for the light to flicker out. If we continue to attempt to live in the light, then darkness can never overcome us."

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comment! Once our admin it approves it, you will see it posted.