Sunday, October 4, 2015

Unfinished Business

By:  Sr. Meg Kymes, DC


I have been reading Christian Life Patterns by Evelyn and James Whitehead.  In the introduction the Whiteheads describe that unlike many believe, when we become adults we aren’t completely settled or “finished products.”  We rather are still developing throughout our adult lives.  When I read this I found myself nodding my head.  I see changes in myself as well as in other adults around me.  My Sisters, my co-workers, even my parents are changing every day.  For so many of us change can be hard, but scripture reminds us, “Do not be anxious about anything, but in everything, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God. And the peace of God, which transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus.” (Philippians 4:6-7)  St. Vincent de Paul puts it another way, “So, do not dwell any longer on what you are, but consider Our Lord close by you and within you, ready to put His hand to the work as soon as you call upon Him for help, and you will see that all will go well.”  When I struggle with changes I try to remember that this is a way for Christ to work within me.  I try to remember to give my worries over to God in prayer and open my heart to let him work through me.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comment! Once our admin it approves it, you will see it posted.