Wednesday, September 16, 2015

Future of Charity Gathering: NOLA September 11-13, 2015


Participants from the Future of Charity Gathering share their reflections from the weekend:


During our Saturday morning prayer, one of the responses we used was, "We hear you.  We walk with you."  Each time we gather as Future of Charity, that sense of understanding and companionship is palpable.  In a world where sister-peers are hard to come by for newer members, this community is a gift that strengthens me and fills me with hope!  ~Sr. Tracy Kemme, Sisters of Charity of Cincinnati 

I came to the gathering because I enjoy being with other newer members in the Charity Federation.  We had an opportunity to share our experiences, ideas and dreams and to give and receive support from each other.  This weekend allowed me to deepen my relationship with others in the group and I returned home feeling inspired with a sense of joy and hope for our future as Charities.  ~Sr. Paris Slapikas, Sisters of Charity of Nazareth 



Gathering as a Vincentian Family and celebrating mass with 
Fr. Louis Arceneaux, a Vincentian Priest.
As I approach a milestone in my formation that requires significant transition, there's no greater support I could get than the opportunity to share my experience with other women who are in or have recently been in the same situation.  Even though each of our stories is unique, it is a blessing to be able to relate our challenges and hopes with one another, pray together, and know that we are not alone in our journeys.  ~Whitney Schieltz, Sisters of Charity of Cincinnati


[Something I have taken away from this weekend is] that there are women discerning with a similar heart and expressed differently. We are the future of religious life.  We desire a closer relationship with our God.  We are joyful women of faith, playful women, prayerful women, & women who seek the love of Christ in others.  ~Melissa Fisackerly, Sisters of Charity of Nazareth


Exploring the city on the St. Charles Avenue Streetcar.

It was such a gift to be together with younger, newer members of congregations within the Sisters of Charity Federation during the same weekend the 40th anniversary of the canonization of St. Elizabeth Ann Seton was celebrated in Emmitsburg, MD.  Although we all belong to different branches, coming together during these gatherings is a reminder that we are all rooted in the same Vincentian charism.  We are all rooted in a deep love for Christ in the Poor.  ~Kara Davis, Daughters of Charity

I came to the weekend to nurture the bonds of friendship and support that have begun across the Charity Federation.  I leave with a renewed passion to share the Charity of Christ, to connect with those on the margins and to dream about our future in religious life.  #gratitude  ~Sr. Marie Flowers, Sisters of Charity of Nazareth

I come away from the Future of Charity gathering feeling nourished and energized by the companionship of my Sisters.  I am grateful that we are on the journey together.  ~Sr. Annie Klapheke, Sisters of Charity of Cincinnati


Enjoying some local cuisine. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comment! Once our admin it approves it, you will see it posted.