Saturday, December 24, 2016

Merry Christmas, Happy Birthday Jesus, Remember the reason for the season: The Incarnation.

By Sr. Judy Donohue

It use to upset me that people put up their Christmas decorations before Thanksgiving.  Then I thought, let it be a reminder that Jesus can be born in our lives every day. Now I see them as a time to remember Jesus desires to be born in new ways in my life. I can allow Jesus to be born anew in me in many different ways.   May Jesus be born in our hearts every day. As we are preparing for Christmas, I’m reminded that as I let Jesus be born anew in a variety of ways in my life. Each morning I can ask Jesus to live and love through me. Open my eyes to see newness in my daily activities. God is in the ordinary. So much of life is ordinary. I was privileged to attend Annie Klapheke’s first vow ceremony at the Sisters of Charity of Cincinnati motherhouse. Her theme was the incarnation. As we let our Baptismal take root, it grows into the abundant fruit. May God bless her decision to continue to let God reign in her heart, mind and life.  May God bless our daily decisions to let God reign in our hearts, minds and lives.

The Future of Charity group gathered for Sr. Annie Klapheke's vows in Cincinnati

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comment! Once our admin it approves it, you will see it posted.