Wednesday, November 16, 2016

Welcoming our newest member!

Please join us in welcoming the newest member to the Future of Charity family, Victoria Hood! We were so happy that she was able to attend the fall gathering earlier this month; and for those of you who have not yet met her, below is a short introduction:

      Hello to everyone and blessings to you as you read this. My name is Victoria Hood,
      and I am the newest member of Future of Charity. I am from the Leavenworth
      congregation, so am currently living in Kansas City, Kansas, as that is where the
      formation house is. I am a first year candidate, having had my Rite of Welcome on
      October 9, 2016. I first became acquainted with the Sisters of Charity of Leavenworth
      through employment at the Mother House and Ross Hall (the nursing home). During my
      employment I did the following in no specific order: earned a Master's degree, began
      taking martial arts lessons and achieved the rank of first degree black belt in karate,
      went on a group pilgrimage to the Holy Land, learned how to sew with only a few
      lessons (purely by hand, the machine still eludes me), and began discernment followed
      by applying to the Sisters of Charity of Leavenworth.


We're so thankful that Victoria has answered Yes!  Please include her in your prayers as she embarks on this new journey with us.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comment! Once our admin it approves it, you will see it posted.