Sunday, November 22, 2015

Don't just be thankful, but be grateful

By Sr. Jacqueline Aceto

"I ask God to give us a spirit of Prayer."  -St Vincent de Paul

Oh, give thanks to God for God is good: God's mercy endure forever. Psalm 136:1

Being thankful is appreciating something you already have, while being grateful is appreciating something you have not yet received but have faith it is coming. Living in a place of gratitude keeps us mental, emotionally, and spiritually connected.

As we prepare for Thanksgiving, let us take a moment to be grateful and thankful for all we have and all that is yet to be. In a world in turmoil let us prayer for all in need. In a world of hurt let us open our heart to accept and heal all.

I am thankful for the God of my understanding who I call My Beloved, for my Community, for our founders, especially Mother Catherine Spaulding for her pioneer spirit.  For all the Sisters in my community who came before me and have the spirit of giving, hospitality, compassion and hope. For my family of origin and my family of choice who thought me and still teach me about faith, hope and love and all I am privileged to walk with each day.

I am grateful for all the learning I am experiencing currently in school and life. For my patients who teach me each day how to love more deeply. For the poor in spirit who teach me how to walk with them in a spirit of compassion and non-judgment. For my classmates who teach me that at any age we can go to school and learn from each other.

What are you grateful for?

What are you thankful for?


How do you walk with gratitude each day?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comment! Once our admin it approves it, you will see it posted.